This article and contacts for wreckers below are for people in Melbourne where the article above is a bit more general for Adelaide or other cities in Australia as well as sourcing spare parts online.
When vehicles get older, there comes a time when it’s more economical to use parts and spares from a wrecker. BMW’s can be no exception, and you can get good quality parts at reasonable prices from Melbourne auto wreckers and online.
Many BMW’s run for years and usually provide hassle free motoring but as the car gets older so does buy the parts of the cars skyrocket. Latest model parts can cost an arm and a leg from BMW itself. I wouldn’t be bothering ringing them to track down parts that would otherwise be available from a wrecker or online parts supplier. Of the many cars I have owned, one was an early 1990’s BMW 320, and I know the cost of servicing these cars can get extremely expensive with age. For some, car parts are costly to come by and sourcing parts for my old BM from new automobile dealerships, when I was living in Brisbane, became very expensive.
Economical spare parts for BMW’s can be sourced in Melbourne through wreckers and you can get the parts and bits (panels, seats, lights and bumpers and grills). BMW wreckers, take apart bits and pieces of once loved and cherished cars that are now obsolete, and you can fit them easily to your vehicle. Like the link, I mentioned above in the opening paragraph refers there are auto auction companies that have listings of wrecking vehicles. These can be suitable for panels and large parts.
When it comes to removal of your vehicle and selling for scrap, then that is easy, although many of the wreckers who will come and pick up your vehicle for cash and take it away will not pay you much. The cash for your car they give is, in fact, minimal – I had no longer going European vehicles and got very little for them on collection by Damaged car removal companies. Some people are online on gumtree.com.au trying to sell and wreck the cars themselves as they might (like me) when I got a wrecker around got a shock of only being quoted around $200 for the removal of the car from the front yard. What’s the alternative? Donating the vehicle instead? Donation to Kids Under Cover (A Melbourne charity) is an option but also getting rid of the car and peace of mind feeling that “it’s gone” is another thing to consider.
Below is a list of some BMW wreckers in Melbourne.
If you have any feedback or comments that will help to add to the list, you are welcome to contact us through the “contact us” link at the bottom of this page. I have not used these BMW services before. But I have had a car towed away by Harvey Wreckers.
List of BMW wrecking and spare parts in Melbourne
- Peninsula BM – Parts – 03 5976 2011 or Telephone Service – 03 5976 3633. These guys are located at 147 Mornington – Tyabb Road, Mornington. You can view the map. Opening hours are standard business hours and their website is – Peninsula claims to be one of “Australias largest BMW vehicle Dismantlers” They are said to supply genuine, non-genuine and secondhand as well as fully reconditioned parts from what I saw online.
- BM’S R US – This company BM’s R US are located in Reservoir in Melbourne. You can ring them on 03 9460 5755 – I found an old email address E-mail: email@example.com but phoning them might be better. A buiness location map is here. The company is situated at 250 Edwardes Street, Reservoir. From what I could find online this company caters fo BMW vehicle maintenance, all types of servicing and repairs as well as diagnostics. The company also dismantles and sells new, used, reconditioned BMW vehicle spare parts. If you live outside Melbourne, it might be worth discussing with them about couriering the part to you.
- Harvey Wreckers – Phone – 03 5971 1132. Harvey Wreckers are located at 400 Warrandyte Road, Langwarrin, VIC 3190 you can check out Harvey’s website which will give you more information. Harvey are auto recyclers as they call themselves. I have used them for pickup of a car for cash I had sitting in my front yard, so if you want a “not going” auto removed from your property you can try these guys but don’t expect a lot when they come to get the car.
- Rapid Car Removal – Rapid are on 03 8774 6464 or 0438 942 754 – Rapid Car Removal is located at Dandenong South. Not much to report on this company. They collect cars for cash and will have free pickup and removal of old vehicles.
- Hyon All Parts – Phone 03 9357 1299 Hyon All Parts are located at Campbell-field, VIC. Not much information on this company. While you’re here at this site, why not check out all our other car related articles?